LMT Gathering in Salem: Pediatric Massage in Mexico – An Intercultural Professional Learning Experience
A presentation by Marybetts Sinclair, LMT, assisted by Ray Siderius, OSM Director
Monday, November 4th, 7:00-8:30 pm – 1CE
Oregon School of Massage
2111 Front St. NE, Salem
This presentation will include:
- information about how culture influences healthcare
- how to approach doing massage in a foreign culture (e.g., addressing gender and disrobing issues)
- a demonstration of “how to modify your massage for a small child”
- an overview of the week-long OSM Pediatric Massage training (January 27-31, 2014) in southern Mexico
- outline of material being covered
- mission, history and description of the facility, Piña Palmera, where the training occurs
- slide show picturing the facility and the community (Zipolite, Mexico)
- planning suggestions for those interested (e.g., travel and lodging)
- question and answer period
Presenter: Marybetts Sinclair, LMT (#644), a massage therapist for 32 years, is in private practice in Corvallis. She has taught massage in Mexico, Indonesia and South Korea. Marybetts is the author of three books, including Pediatric Massage Therapy, and numerous professional articles. You can read more on her website here. One of her articles appeared as an OSM blog here.
LMT’s attending will receive a certificate for one hour of massage continuing education credit. Feel free to bring a colleague, all are welcome.
The LMT Gathering is a series of presentations organized by Oregon School of Massage for LMTs and massage students. The gatherings are an opportunity to learn about topics related to massage and network with fellow professionals. There is no charge for this event.