About Oregon School of Massage
Oregon School of Massage is committed to holistic education and training designed to integrate body, mind, heart and spirit. Central to our philosophy is the idea that touch is a powerful form of communication, carrying complex messages for both giver and receiver. As practitioners, we need to be mindful of what we communicate through our touch. With this in mind, we have developed an emphasis on integrating the psycho spiritual dimensions of healing with study of the human body.
Principles of Instruction
Rigorous study of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, pathology, hydrotherapy, and massage is augmented by time for students to share their experiences both as givers and receivers of touch. Everyone carries conscious and unconscious beliefs about touch based on socialization, parenting and past experiences. Having a dialog helps students to clarify their own beliefs and needs around touching. It also encourages development of the “inner healer”. Our staff supports these beliefs by honoring each student wherever they are in their development and by nurturing change as it occurs. Key to our educational process is asking students to view their experiences as personal growth as well as training. We ask them to look at their beliefs, emotions and behaviors while learning about the body and techniques of massage.
Oregon School of Massage Accreditation, Licensing & Approvals
- Accredited by AdvancEd
- Licensed by the Higher Education Coordinating Commission
- Washington Board of Massage Approved Program
- Certified by the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
- Approved by the US Veterans Administration
Oregon School of Massage offers two programs which meet the requirements for Oregon Licensing, Washington Licensing and National Certification:
- Massage Certificate Program
- Massage Certificate for Healthcare Professionals – For professionals with a current Oregon license in related healthcare fields. Not available in WA.