Here s a recent article in Massage Magazine by OSM Instructor, Marian Wolfe Dixon https://www.massa[...]
Oregon Licensing Information for Out of State Applicants
If you have completed more than 300 hours of massage training and/or collegiate education in the health sciences, it is in your best interest to start your transcript evaluation process with the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists.
- Visit: OBMT Licensing Information
- Submit the completed application with your official transcripts and application fee to the Oregon Board to start the evaluation process.
- The Oregon Board will review your application materials and send you an email response.
- If you haven’t met the training requirements of Oregon, the lacking letter will outline exactly how many hours the Oregon Board will accept towards state licensing and how many you have left to take. It will also clarify if there are any specific content areas in which you need those hours.
- If you receive notification that you don’t need more hours, submit any remaining documentation and fees to complete the licensing process.
- If you receive notification that you need more hours, bring your letter to the Admissions Coordinator at OSM, and we’ll be happy to help you find classes that meet your needs. The Oregon Board will hold your application on file, providing 12 months to complete the additional training before you need to reapply.