Jobs At Oregon School of Massage
Facilities and Front Desk Coordinator – Salem Campus
Oregon School of Massage has an opening for a part-time Facilities and Front Desk Coordinator. This position will be 18 hours per week to start, mostly Tue-Thu with additional to cover events, registration, etc. Compensation is $13 per hour, plus sick and vacation time, paid holidays and profit sharing options.
The primary responsibilities for this position will be classroom setup and front desk coverage including answering phones, processing bookstore sales, greeting walk-in customers and providing support for students and staff. Duties include a full range of administrative tasks such as opening and closing of the front office and bookstore, assisting in registration and inventories, and special projects as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly and be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in an active environment.
- Some cash handling and computer skills needed.
- Body-Mind Awareness, health conscious and skilled in communication & boundary setting preferred.
- Exceptional customer service, time management, oral & written communication, and organizational skills.
- Professional, warm demeanor with a helpful, service oriented attitude.
- Able to prioritize tasks and problem solve while maintaining upbeat, positive attitude.
- Able to ask effective questions to clarify own understanding and improve communication between colleagues, students, and clients.
- Understand and model OSM Mission and values, explain OSM’s body/mind/spirit curriculum and operational philosophy
- Knowledge of massage or other healing arts
- Experience in Macintosh environment and familiarity with massage a plus.
- Multi-line phone experience
Only serious applicants should apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by February 7th.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
Jason Aguayo – email@example.com
Oregon School of Massage
2111 Front Street NE, Suite 3-101
Salem OR 97301
Student Services & Education Assistant – Portland Campus
Oregon School of Massage has an opening for a Student Services & Education Assistant. This position is responsible for providing students the support they need to be successful and providing administrative assistance to the Education Department. This position will be 32-36 hours per week. Compensation is $17 per hour, plus sick and vacation time, paid holidays and profit sharing options.
• Understand and model OSM Mission and values
• Practice open, respectful and honest communications
• Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development
• Develop an understanding of, and ability to explain, body/mind/spirit integration ideas which guide OSM curriculum and operational philosophy
• Demonstrate support of profitable and successful organizational operation
• Assist students with questions regarding schedules, planning, etc.
• Create and maintain student planning guides.
• Assist students with licensing information
• Be first point of contact for any student issues, helping to resolve when appropriate and escalating to Director of Education or Registrar when necessary.
• Maintain student progress charts.
• OSM liaison to OBMT, NCBTMB and other agencies concerning student issues.
• Stay up to date with current massage laws and regulations.
• Compile student information for end of quarter debrief meetings.
• Participate in quarterly new student orientations.
• Manage TA applications and assignments.
• Maintain student insurance spreadsheet and send in renewals when needed.
• Assist Education Department with administrative tasks as needed. Possible phone calls, emails, drafting of letters, compiling reports, etc.
• Participate in Education Team meetings to discuss student issues and create plans for student progress.
• Participate in Administrative Team meetings.
• Assist Director of Education in maintaining current agency licenses.
• Assist Education Department with personnel and schedules as needed.
• Assist Education Department with special projects as needed.
• One or more years of college
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer experience (Mac preferred)
• Counseling or Teaching experience
• Multi-line phone experience
Please submit a resume and cover letter by February 4th to:
Michael Dixon Barry – firstname.lastname@example.org
Oregon School of Massage
9500 SW Barbur Blvd
Portland, OR 97219