Jobs At Oregon School of Massage
General Manager NEEDED at OSM-Portland
Reports to: President/Owner
Compensation: FT, $55K with incentives options available DOE plus sick time, vacation time, paid holidays, and profit sharing options
Oregon School of Massage is a community leader in the field of massage education. We embody our strong core values and body mind spirit philosophy in our business administration, and are committed to continuing a business model of integration and communication.
We are looking for an Education and Business-Minded professional to lead our management team and move our organization forward. This position will work closely with the school owner and other staff members to leverage assets and maximize potential for growth. Candidates would be sensitive to the vision of the school and focused on the nuts and bolts of operations, able to see the big picture and pull the people and pieces together.
• Oversee curriculum development and instructional staff
• Communicate with regulatory and accrediting bodies
• Manage the Business Planning and Development of a career school
• Support Marketing and Growth efforts
• Provide leadership for internal administration, employee management, and financial operations
• Integrate operations with components of staff support, HR, IT, accounting, and databases
• Participate in networking with Community and Industry
• Experience in educational or small business management
• Degree in business, education, administration or organizational development
• Familiarity with integrative health fields
• Strong communication skills
Our top candidate will be committed to our educational product, combine business savvy, marketing and financial management skills, and have ability to connect our mission to the needs of the community.
Our top candidate will combine business savvy, marketing and financial management skills, commitment to our educational product, and ability to connect our mission to the needs of the community.
Please email Resume and Cover Letter by June 2nd.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time Facility and Front Desk Support
Primary responsibility will be classroom setup and front desk coverage including answering phones, processing bookstore sales, greeting walk-in customers and providing support for students and staff. Duties include a full range of administrative tasks such as opening and closing of the front office and store, assisting in registration and inventories, and special projects as assigned. Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly and be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in an active environment. Some cash handling and computer skills needed. Body-Mind Awareness, health conscious and skilled in communication & boundary setting preferred. Writing skills, experience in Macintosh environment, graphic/layout and social media experience, and familiarity with massage a plus. Schedule is 12 hours per week Tue-Thu, with additional to cover events, registration and staff vacations. Some evenings shifts required.
Please send cover letter and resume to: 2111 Front St NE-Suite 3-101, Salem OR 97301, fax 503-585-0988, e-mail to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
Instructor Positions – Portland & Salem
Oregon School of Massage is seeking massage and bodywork instructors for both campuses. Oregon School of Massage is a professional, vocational school licensed by the State of Oregon and approved by the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists. Ideal candidates will have integrated teaching experience (i.e. teaching that engages the student in both objective and subjective aspects of the subject matter), a clinical background as a massage therapist or other health care provider, and additional training or experience in personal growth.
Reports To: Director of Education / General Manager
Hours: Depending on course load
- Understand and model OSM Mission and values
- Practice open, respectful and honest communications
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development
- Develop an understanding of, and ability to explain, body/mind/spirit integration ideas which guide OSM curriculum and operational philosophy
- Demonstrate support of profitable and successful organizational operation
- Provide training for students in designated subject areas
- Conduct classroom operations and activities
- Practice growth centered education model
- Participate in quarterly debriefing and staff meetings
- Assist with curriculum review and revisions as needed
- Provide grades to Registrar in timely manner
- Ensure proper set up and closure of classroom
General Goals of OSM Instructional Staff
– Integrated classroom experience – body, mind, spirit
– Well-organized delivery of service
– Successful training of and Board preparation for each student
– Model professional communications with students and staff
– Strive for excellence in instruction
– Maintain valuable use of classroom time
– Access and present to all learning styles
Minimum Term of Employment
One quarter With one quarter notice of completion where able
– Two years teaching or practice experience in area to be taught
– Professional training/experience in adult education setting
– Professional communication
– Demonstrated experience with and commitment to personal, professional and organizational growth
– Ability to lift up to 30lbs
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Jordan Barton – firstname.lastname@example.org
Oregon School of Massage
9500 SW Barbur Blvd
Portland, OR 97219