Everyone loves a Top 5 list, so here are the top Benefits of a Massage Career to consider when entering the field.
BENEFITS of a Massage Career
1) Take control of your career. Being a massage therapist allows you to keep your schedule in your own hands (no pun intended!). The flexibility of scheduling clients when and where you want is an incredibly liberating feeling in your career.
2) Reward of helping others. Individuals who enter the massage career field all share one thing in common: the strong desire to help others. This follows the popular mantra, “Do what you love, love what you do”.
3) Massage therapy is still a growing profession. Massage therapy is #5 on the list of “Best Healthcare Support Jobs in 2017” as reported by the US News & World Report. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects massage therapist employment growth of 22 percent between 2014 and 2024, adding 36,500 more professionals to this field.
4) Technology < human healing touch. While there may be fancy new electronic massage chairs on the market, there is no replacement for an actual human hand to massage, knead, and manipulate muscles to relieve tension. The demand for massage therapists will not be phasing out anytime soon.
5) Great bartering tool. A wise person once pointed out to me that I can take my massage knowledge with me anywhere throughout the world for the rest of my life. Trading a haircut or a personal training session for a massage is not only convenient and cost-efficient, but a great rapport building tool with those in your community.
There are of course challenges, but these are outweighed by the Benefits of a Massage Career. Those who are truly interested in lending their healing touch to others speak of the joy they feel when their work is appreciated by clients. As some have repeatedly stated, “there’s no greater feeling to me than a happy client”.
Article by Alisha Eddleman
Look for the companion piece, 5 Challenges to Massage School.
Sited Sources – https://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/massage-therapist